Paramedic – Louisiana
Job Description: Provide appropriate, efficient and timely pre-hospital advanced, intermediate and basic life support care and transportation of the sick and injured in accordance with local, state, national and Acadian Ambulance standards of practice.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- National and/or State certification as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic determined by appropriate state requirements.
- Current CPR certification as established by the American Heart Association.
- Current ACLS certification as established by the American Heart Association.
- Current and valid state-issued driver’s license determined by appropriate state requirements (equivalent of a Louisiana Class “D” driver’s license).
- Must be able to read, write and communicate professionally and effectively with employees and managers. Must possess the ability to write simple correspondence or reports. Must possess the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees and/or managers.
- Must be knowledgeable of company protocols, operational procedures and safety policies.
- Must be able to drive large vehicles in normal and adverse conditions.
- Additional certifications such as, NALS, PALS, PHTLS, PEEP, and Instructor certifications are preferred but not required.
About The Company:
Acadian Ambulance Service was founded in 1971 and has since earned a reputation as the nation’s largest and most respected privately held medical transportation company. Our growth, diversity and commitment to excellence have garnered us international acclaim and recognition by the U.S. Senate, Microsoft founder and author Bill Gates, Inc. Magazine, and the Smithsonian Institution.
What began as a small ambulance company has expanded to include a diverse suite of services designed to offer the very best support and education in health, safety and transportation. Our company’s six divisions—Acadian Ambulance Service, Acadian Air Med, Executive Aircraft Charter Service, Acadian Total Security, National EMS Academy and Safety Management Systems—offer diverse career opportunities.
Contact Brian Cowart at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Please visit: https://